The Invacare Birdie EVO and Birdie EVO Compact are specially designed to offer a comfortable lift and transfer to or from beds, chairs, or even the floor. Ideal for use in domestic and residential care environments, the hoists are designed to fold and unfold easily without the need for tools.
Birdie EVO provides comfort and ease of use. Invacare’s patient lifting equipment maximises space for the client even when the hoist is in its highest position. This gives an ergonomic lift, and transfer, as the client can be easily rotated 360°, which makes positioning much easier for the carer.
Ease of handling is another notable feature the hoist has been made as smooth and easy as possible and can easily be folded and unfolded without the need for tools. It takes up minimal space when stored and easy to push and transport. If required, the mast and boom can also be easily detached from the base for easy transportation without any tools required.
The Birdie EVO is CE-certified in line with the Medical Device Directive 93/42/ECC. The hoists have been rigorously tested by Invacare and the German TÜV institute – an accredited external body. This is to ensure that the hoists comply with EN ISO 10535 (the European standard for hoists). Key features include:
- Long boom – high user comfort: The client can easily be rotated and positioned. Reduced risk of injury to the knees.
- Easy to fold and dismantle: Allows for ease of transportation and storage. No tools required when folding/unfolding or when dismantling the hoist.
- Snap lock: It features a nap lock that ensures optimal security.
- Emergency stop, lowering, and integrated charger: Manual or electric emergency lowering (compact version only electric lowering). The control box is supplied with a detachable or fixed battery.
- Manual leg spread: Users can simply step on the pedal to adjust the leg spread.
Mounted spreader bar: This Allows correct and safe positioning of the spreader bar.