Invacare Softfoam Premier Maxiglide mattress is another fantastic product from Invacare. This high specification foam mattress introduces a new and ingenious glide mechanism that significantly lowers shear and friction force when combined with an electric profiling bed.
The Softfoam Premier Maxiglide by Invacare comes with an excellent pressure reducing surface that lowers the risk of developing pressure ulcers while still providing a high level of comfort and support. The bottom surface of the mattress uniquely profiles with the bed frame while the top surface remains with the patient.
It is equipped with a pressure ulcer prevention feature – an excellent pressure reducing surface, designed to maximise the body contact area and help prevent the causes of pressure ulcers. A must get mattress for anyone that is considered to be at a very high risk of developing a pressure ulcer.
Below are some key features of the Softfoam Premier Maxiglide Mattress:
- Strikethrough Resistant Technology: the mattress comes with an optional strikethrough resistant technology (SRT) cover. This makes the mattress more shielded to damage, thereby increasing its lifespan.
- Modular construction: it features modular construction that makes replacement of all part of the mattress easy.
- Deep-contoured insert pad: the Softfoam Premier Maxiglide features a deep-contoured insert pad made from “keyhole” cut castellated foam cells.
- Reduces the need for manual handling risk: this profiling mattress optimizes the benefits of electric profiling.
- The cover is resistant to fluid ingress: features include two-way stretch, vapour-permeable and waterproof polyurethane cover.
- Does not require turning or rotating: mattress does not require turning or rotating, significantly reducing manual handling risk.